Terms and Conditions for McMurdoston House Bed & Breakfast
Thank you for choosing to book with McMurdoston House. We look forward to welcoming you. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking below.
- self-catering – the price includes heating and electricity and all linen and towels. Any extra groceries or toiletries are provided at the discretion of the owner and may vary according to season and availability.
- B & B – the price includes accommodation, breakfast and a welcome snack. Any additional meals, telephone, drinks etc will incur an extra charge.
- self-catering – we require a deposit of £100 on booking and the balance to be paid in full 6 weeks prior to your arrival. No reminder will be sent. We accept cheque payments (made out to Sarah Webb and sent to McMurdoston House, Coldside Road, Auldgirth, Dumfries DG2 0JX) or you can use the BACS system via the internet, which simply requires us to give you our bank account details.
- B & B – a deposit will normally be required if you are booking more than a fortnight in advance. Please discuss this when you book.Payment of any balance must be made in full on arrival. We accept the following forms of payment: cash, or cheque with banker’s card or BACS payment.
- self-catering – you are welcome to arrive from 4pm on your first day. The cottage will be unlocked and a Welcome Pack of information ready for you to look at.
- B & B – your accommodation is available to you from 4pm on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. Please let us know if you plan to arrive after 9pm.
- self-catering – please be ready to leave the cottage by 10am and take care to leave it in the same condition in which you find it.
- B & B – please be ready to leave your accommodation by 10am on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged.
Pets: Pets are not permitted.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted.
Cancellation and Insurance: Once you have booked your stay, our agreement is a legal contract and any deposit you may have paid is non-refundable. If you need to cancel please contact us immediately. For cancellations made up to 28 days before your booking you will not be liable for the total balance. For cancellations made after this time, or by failing to take up the booking without cancelling, you will be liable for the total amount. For this reason you may wish to take out cancellation insurance.
Non-availability: We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, although if this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Damages and Breakages: Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant, and we may make an additional charge of £50 if you did not report this.
Liability: We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
We look forward to welcoming you at McMurdoston House and hope you have an enjoyable and comfortable stay.